To Sbenati Dentistry, your smile is worth more than a pot of gold. On this St. Patrick’s Day think of letting us take care of your teeth so that your mouth doesn’t end up being filled with GOLD anyways! You can do this by visiting us regularly, drinking and eating GREEN leafy vegetables, staying safe on St. Patrick’s day and… drinking some beer! (in moderation of course). Learn more below about how we can work together on this holiday to keep your teeth healthy!
Check out this awesome recipe for building a delicious and nutritious GREEN smoothie. Simply add them all to the blender and use extra ice for thickness!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 cups kale, packed
- 2 tbsp chopped mint, packed
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of apple juice
wait.. Lost teeth??
Studies show that visits to the dentist increase 64% on. March 17th. But why? Why are patients have to come in for emergency appointments all over the globe on St. Patrick’s Day? The answer is something you may not expect..
They don’t call them the fighting Irish for no reason! Yes, thats right- lot’s of bar fights and unintentional falls. This is why drinking in moderation and staying calm can go a long way to reduce this statistic. We want to see you for regular visits- not emergency ones! Take the next point in this blog very carefully and always enjoy responsibly.
Of course Sbenati Dentistry will always be available for both!
beer is... good?
St. Patrick’s Day is known for many things, most of all it is renowned for the gold, hoppy beverage known as beer! The holiday is celebrated globally with people in every country raising a pint to St. Patrick. Here are some awesome facts about hops:
- Hops were originally put into beer to preserve it for long sea voyages. Before hops, beer would always spoil and not be fit to drink by the time it reached the destination port
- It had been used for many years before it’s exact scientific benefits were known, we just knew it kept the beer drinkable!
- Fast forward to 2008 and a team of scientists at Osaka University found polyphenols inside hops. This chemical can prevent oral cancer and stop inflammation in the gums. This helps to keep them the healthy, light pink colour!
- In the same year, scientists at Nippon Dental University discovered similar properties that nearly halt the production of plaque- woah!
So this St. Patrick’s Day take care of your teeth by brushing, flossing, visiting Sbenati Dentistry but most exciting of all: toast a pint- responsibly!
- Mix in glasses of water to add even more oral health help! Water helps to wash away sugars, food and other bacteria on your teeth while simultaneously helping prevent hangover symptoms! (since St. Pattys day falls on week night;)
- Just because these benefits are present does not mean we should drink to excess, enjoy your hops responsibly or you could end up making an emergency appointment for something much worse than plaque!
Contact us today and never worry about your oral health again!
Call us today or use our request an appointment form. Let us worry about your teeth- so you don’t have to.