Do you think you are a part of the 8% of people who struggle with teeth grinding at night and want to find a solution? Whether you choose a right or left night guard you’ll want to make sure to protect your teeth by preventing clenching/grinding with a bulky night guard.
Should I get an upper or lower night guard?
One of the most unforgettable feelings you can ever experience is bruxism jaw pain and we want to provide you with a solution to your medical condition before it significantly affects your quality of life. Without treatment, bruxism can lead to permanent damage to your TMJ or cause dysfunction of your TMD joint.
Can I wear both an upper and lower night guard?
Using a mouth guard for Teeth Grinding
- Tired or tight jaw muscles
- Pain in the temples
- Difficulty chewing or opening the mouth wide
- Sensitivity in teeth
- Damage to teeth, fillings, or crowns
What are the different types of nightguards?
What is the right night guard for teeth grinding?
Different materials offer different levels of comfort and protection for teeth grinding. You should also factor in the thickness of the night guard. A thicker night guard will provide more protection but may be less comfortable. A thinner night guard will be more comfortable but may not provide as much protection.
What is the right night guard thickness for Bruxism?
When choosing the correct nightguard thickness be sure to consult with a dental professional, contact our dental clinic in London Ontario, we would be happy to help you with a mouth examination and consult.
How to adjust to wearing your dental night guard?
- You should wear your night guard constantly for 4-6 weeks so it becomes routine and your jaw pain subsides as it becomes consistent
- Don’t wear your night guard until just before you go to bed to limit your discomfort
- You may also want to try wearing it briefly during the day so it gets used to your mouth and causes you less jaw pain
The Cost of a Custom Dental Night Guard
What are the benefits of wearing a dental night guard?
- Prevent teeth grinding and clenching
- Protect teeth from long-term damage
- Reduce jaw pain and headaches
- Improve sleep quality
- Help with teeth whitening
If you think you may benefit from wearing a dental night guard, please contact our dental clinic in London, Ontario at (519) 474-0220 to book an appointment.